Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, July 31, 2006

No Luck Yet

We had our second day of open house yesterday and it was slower than Saturday. There was a couple that came late Saturday night and seemed to really like the house - so much they came back a second time 30 minutes later. But, I found out that they were trying to make up their minds between our house and another one and of course chose the other one to make an offer. Grrrrr cause they looked like they had money also. Jim and I were probably pathetic when they came through cause we said that we were "motivated sellers" about 37 times in the span of 2 minutes. Maybe we scared them off?

Anyway, after the open house ended yesterday I confronted Mr. Ahole on the lying Ahole that he is. Of course, he was very apologetic and said "it isn't in my character". Whatever. After all was said and done, he gave us a 1/2% commission back, which amounts to thousands of dollars. We also decided to lower the price by $30K to get it under a certain figure. He thinks that we will get a pick up in traffic now. Of course the new price is $55K lower than the last house sold just like ours. But oh well, we are still going to be making a ton of money on this house.

I am going to "try" to get back to normal today, if I can. We have the builder coming this morning to paint our ceiling from the drywall repair from the ceiling leak. Also I have Salvation Army coming to pick up approximately half our house today and they are scheduled between 1 and 4. So like I said I am going "try" to schedule a playgroup in today between painting guy and pick-up-my-junk guy. Jack really needs it and quite frankly so do I. I need to get out of here and not stress so much. We shall see if I am actually successful or not.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least you are getting people to look at the house. That is a really positive sign. There are so many houses for sale here (I'm at the outer edge of the San Francisco Bay Area) that there are many homes not even getting ANY showings.

Another thing you might consider, depending on how fast/soon you need to get the house sold is to take the 1/2% commission that your agent offered back to you and increase it to the buyer's agent side. Say for example, you really want the house to be under contract by the end of August, your agent can offer the X + 1/2% commission if house sells by your target date. If it does not sell in that time frame, you can change the commission back to the prearranged amount if you choose to do so.

Again, I think it is good that you are having some people come by to see the house.

I was on the March Munchkin board but there was too much drama for me and now mostly just read blogs while I'm working at my computer. I'm both a real estate appraiser and real estate broker.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, one more thing, probably pretty obvious.

Make sure you get everything about commission changes, price changes IN WRITING. California law states that real estate contracts (that includes listing agreements) must be in writing to be enforceable. If your agent tells you he is going to reduce your commission, make sure you get a signed copy.