Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I Need Out of the House!

Jack and I have been cooped up in this house for the last two days going crazy. I stayed in yesterday because I wanted to get some stuff done like cleaning bathrooms and laundry that was desperately needed and between that and Jack's naptime, we never made it out of the house.

The stupid air conditioning repair guy messed up my day today. Of course they gave me a window of 8 - noon that they would be here to fix the pipe that leaked all over my ceiling. And guess what time they arrived? 11:30 and by the time they were done, it was naptime for Jack and that was that. We even missed a cool pool party that we were invited to all because of the stupid pipe in the ceiling.

And tomorrow? Yeah that is going to be messed up also because the drywall guy is supposed to come and fix the ugly, wet, and rotting ceiling. And the time frame given? Yep 8 - noon. Any bets on what time they will show up. I am thinking between 11 and noon. And of course we have to pass on the offer of playdate tomorrow which is at 10:00. Seriously people if we don't get out of this house soon, I really believe Jack and I are going to go crazy! I mean you can watch so much of Thomas and Mickey before it becomes torture!

On another note, my husband just ended a 33 hour straight shift at work. Yes you heard me right - 2 straight days with no sleep and on the job. I guess some big stuff was happening yesterday and he told me he was going to be late. I woke up at 2 am and still no Jim, so I called him and he said he wouldn't be home until this afternoon! And of course that pretty much ended my sleep for the night cause I just can't sleep knowing he's at work that late. So I was up at 3 am watching recorded shows of House Hunters.

So Jim got home today about 3:30 which was 36 hours after he left to go to work 2 days ago! I do not know how he does it. Me? I would of passed out long ago or be the biggest bit#@ in the world.

No comments: