Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Packing 101

Okay, so because Jim came home and packed like 3 boxes last night, I am sufficiently guilted into do some packing/throwing away stuff today. It worked honey. However, they really should teach a class in how to pack with a toddler hanging off your legs begging you to hold him. Because, I am failing miserably at the task. It is taking three times as long to do anything. About the only thing that I have done today was clean out my closet of old clothes that I will no longer wear - ever! I mean people, I had business suits from 1990 in there, of which I have not worn since at least 1995! And about 4 sizes too small for me now. Yeah like 11 years ago. Sad.

I also have shredded an entire trash can full of paperwork from past years. I tell ya going through all this stuff sure brings back your life to ya. Like old houses bought and sold. Or old receipts for some things that you should never have bought in the first place. Or yucky past relationship stuff. It was really quite therapeutic and should have been done a long long time ago.

I am also trying to get rid of like half our house on craigslist.com. Selling off a lot of furniture, toys, Jack's clothes, crib, cradle ... the list goes on and on. So that has taken up a lot of my time emailing the people who have responded to all my ads. Hopefully we will be able to get rid of the stuff and not move all this extra stuff across the country. Really, do we really need all that STUFF?

No comments: