Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

6942 Miles!

After almost 7000 miles,13 states, 26 movies, and countless fights between Jack and Laura in the backseat - we are Home!

We got home last night about 10 pm and we are all exhausted. I swear that those last 100 miles were the longest miles on the entire trip. The house is still standing and I hear that the dogs are still alive (we will see about the cats tomorrow) so that is a good thing.

Our last stop yesterday was in Tombstone Arizona where the OK Corral fight was held. It was a pretty touristy place, but fun. And of course, we bought Jack a cowboy hat.

For the next few days I will be boring you all with the hundreds of pictures taken over the last 2 1/2 weeks. But right now? I am going to relax in my very own home before the unpacking commences. Oh and then the packing up after that. Yes, I will be savoring the next couple of hours of complete laziness with my coffee.

3 comments:

-LGirl- said...

Your first sentence is like the last line of the Amazing race... Too bad you didn't get the million!!

Anonymous said...

Papa and Grammy A. are happy that Jack and his family are all home safe and sound. We love you all so much. The pictures are wonderful!!!

mommyofkgrc said...

welcome home!! looking forward to seeing your pics!! sounds like you had a great trip!