Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, July 29, 2006

Furious!

We had an open house today with our realtor, who will be known as Mr. Ahole from now. And the reason for the Mr. Ahole name? We totally can't trust this guy. I mean he lies and lies and then lies some more just to make himself look good. Our for sale sign blew down last weekend in a wind storm and I called him on Monday to tell him that the sign was down and broken. When did it get fixed? It didn't. Jim put the thing back up this morning. And you know what Mr. Ahole told us? He said he drove by LAST NIGHT and saw that it was up and therefore didn't do anything about it LAST NIGHT (five days after I told him about it). A total and complete lie because LAST NIGHT it was laying on the ground. I do not think the guy has driven by here in the last two weeks!

We left the house totally immaculate this morning. I went out and bought fresh flowers and candles (yeah just like on Designed to Sell). It looked good. Really Good. We come back at the end and Mr. Ahole tells us that 5 people walked through, but no serious people. I then ask Mr. Ahole about a realtor that had looked at the house on Thursday and said she might have some clients who would be interested in it. I called Mr. Ahole and gave him her number and told Mr. Ahole about the prospect. I asked Mr. Ahole today if he had called her and Mr. Ahole said he had. Again - another lie! I called the other realtor after Mr. Ahole left and asked her if he called and sure enough she said no.

This guy is supposed to be a Century 21 "Superstar", but as far as I am concerned there is NOTHING super about Mr. Ahole at all. He has done nothing and I mean nothing for us. Mr. Ahole has not tried to network with other agents to get ours sold. I have told Mr. Ahole that we are very motivated, to say the least, but he doesn't seem to care. Mr. Ahole drives around in a Hummer and I really hate Hummers! And beginning to hate Mr. Ahole also.

Mr. Ahole also told me this morning that a lot of agents have called about our house, but funny enough, not one showing. The only reason why the other real estate agent was here on Thursday was because she was buying a floor lamp from us. So obviously that was a lie about all the other agents.

I am so frustrated and really want to sit down and cry right now. I have no idea what we are going to do when it comes time to cough up the money for the new house. I so hate dealing with liars and he is the biggest Mr. Ahole of them all.

6 comments:

-LGirl- said...

I have been following your home selling situation. I am sorry to hear about Mr. Ahole. I LOVE everything I have ever seen of your home (No I am not a stalker!) and I had thought it would be a quick sale for you. Don't lose heart It WILL happen for you! Crossing my fingers for you and your family and a sale soon.

Anonymous said...

Delurking to say that I'm selling my own house in the SF Bay Area and the market here is dead slow right now. At least you are having people come by to look at the house which is a good sign. I am a Realtor and since I am also the agent selling my house I know I'm getting the full story. There are many homes available in my area and few buyers currently looking to buy. We are seeing some dramatic price reduction in some homes, just in the last couple of weeks. I hope your market is stronger.

You do know you can ask to speak with your agent's manager. Let the manager know that your agent has not been meeting your expectations and maybe you might see some changes?

Anonymous said...

Has your agent offered to put your house on a Broker tour or office tour. That is when a number of agents in the area (or office) will stop by a house and then give feedback. I had my house on tour this past week and discovered that the agents in my area are really struggling with home prices right now. Some think that prices in my area have to be cut dramatically to sell right now and others, are more optomistic and feel that the current prices will hold. Anyway, it was a chance to get about 20 other agents through my house at one time.

I would ask your agent about an agent's tour and if you don't like the response, go to his manager.

BTW I've been lurking for quite a while, been following your house saga with interest. My son is a March 2004 toddler also.

Anonymous said...

Dawn, the comment by Carolyn was a great point. Having a broker tour is one good piece of advice also. Go to the manager. He needs to know how is realtor is not doing his job.

Jack's Mom said...

Welcome Carolyn! At first I thought you were Carolyn, Brandon's Mom! But there are 2 Carolyn's out there.

Thanks for your advice. I did ask Mr. Ahole about the agents tour, and he said that it doesn't work and very rarely do agents show up. I'm not sure if that is the truth or just him being lazy.

He did come around after I confronted him and since then has called me twice to inform me of what he is doing to find buyers. He says he is "looking under every rock". I'll believe it when I see it. But he did concede a 1/2% commission - which helps.

Again, Welcome Carolyn! Were you on the March Munchkins board?

Amanda said...

My opionion is that you may want to find a better Realator. My bil is a broker here in Maryland . From what you described he sounds like a bull s@#$#@.

I have 2 girls and Hannah is a March 2004 toddler. She is friends with Ben. In fact their first date was at 6 weeks.

Good luck with the house. Hang in there. Just give me a yell if you need someone to vent to.