Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Moving Sucks!

Okay. I am tired. Very tired. I think I slept maybe 3 whole hours last night. Why you ask? Cause I had roughly 3 million things running through my mind. Want to hear just a few? Alright here goes: Things to do: call utilities, call insurance about the dented van and transferring claim to MS, forward mail, find kennel in MS to put cats in while waiting for new house, pay bills, call builder in MS, call realtor about closing issues. Things to pack: all kitchen, bathrooms, Jack's room, clean out refrigerator. Just rambling thoughts include where to put my furniture in new house, are the cats going to freak out on trip - oh yeah call vet about getting kitty drugs, have to buy disposable kitty litter boxes, on the trip we are never going to be able to go into a restaurant because of the 4 animals in the car, pack a lot of snacks on the trip, buy a lot of snacks, need to buy laundry detergent - ran out the other day, man 1800 miles is a long way to drive with 4 animals and a toddler in the van, buy more kid videos to keep toddler happy, oh yeah can't forget the snacks. Wow it is 2:30 am and I am wide awake. I might as well get up and start packing.

That is basically my night last night. I am tired. Moving sucks. Do not let me do this for at least another decade. Seriously.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, your father and myself were thinking about our move 33 years ago and thought we were stressed then. We only went across town. Our prayers will not let up for all of you. Love for you all. This is an experience that you will carry for the rest of both your and Jim's lives. Only wished we lived closer to help with all of this.

Carolyn said...

Long distance moves are the worst, bar none. And then once you get there you have all the stuff to deal with at the new location (driver licenses, car tags, new doctors, etc.) Sorry, I didn't mean to give you more to worry about!!

Hang in there, you are probably at peak stress right now but with each day you are getting closer to your new home and being settled again. More hugs coming at ya!