Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, August 25, 2006

7:30 AM

It is 7:30 in the morning and Jim and I have been packing for 2 1/2 hours already. So far this morning, we have finished packing the kitchen, cleaned out the refrigerator and scrubbed it out, packed up the laundry room and most of Jack's room. I would say that we are about 97% packed. Yahoo! Starting to feel semi-in-control of the situation. Sorta.

Thank goodness for Jack's daycare lady, Pat. She has taken Jack all this week so that we can get stuff done. I bought Jack a new Thomas backpack last weekend and he is so proud to wear it to her house to "go to school." He talks all the time about going to school. "I go to school Mama. Sissy goes to her school. I go to MY school. Mama when do I go to school?" Ugh. He is growing up way too fast and in three very short years he will be going for real. No I am not ready for that! But I did promise Pat that I would put him in preschool when we get to MS. She said that he is one of the smartest little boys that she has ever had and we need to cultivate that. I am going to miss Pat. She has been a huge lifesaver to me. I found her when I was desperate for daycare and she turned out to be a gold mine. Jack loves her so much and it is going to be so hard to say goodbye to her on Monday.

There are a few people that we are going to miss so much. The L family, who adopted me when I first came to California. Janet is a sister to me and they bailed me out of a lot of hairy situations over the years. But I just keep telling myself that it is not like the other side of the world, only 1800 miles.

Alright, enough of nostalgia. I need to get back to packing. The home inspector comes in 3 hours and that makes me very nervous. Always afraid of what they are going to find.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, We are praying that you all arrive safe and sound in Mississippi. Thank God everything so far is getting done.