Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 27, 2007

I think it worked

I think the whole taking away of the toys thing worked. Jack has for the most part, been a model little citizen around the house these last couple of days. He has gotten back his big fire truck and a dump truck so far. One per day is the deal. And he gets to choose which one he can get back that night. Tonight he has chosen his orange jeep to get back. Big decision.

And he knows exactly why the toys were taken from him. We have gone over it many times. This morning we were talking about it and I asked him if he knew why all the trucks were mine and he said "because I was screaming in the white car". I think he has a good handle on the whole situation. And when I asked how he can get back his trucks he says "I have to be nice to you and Daddy" and then he starts naming every single person he knows in his life, including Grammy and Papa who live in Michigan. So I think this was a learning experience for the boy. And it is great because if he starts to whine about something, all I have to say is that the fire truck is mine again and he whips back into shape. So far so good. We'll see how long this lasts.

No comments: