Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 24, 2007

That Boy! GRRRRRRR....

I do not believe that I have ever been so angry at Jack as I was tonight. Ever.

We went out to dinner with the uncles, Grammy, and Aunt Ann to see them off as they are headed to Greece on a fabulous vacation. Jim was working, so it was just me playing parent tonight.

After dinner, I tried to go to the Cingular store to see if I could get my phone fixed since it totally died on me yesterday, but they, of course closed five minutes prior. As I was trying to get the boy in the car, he was fighting me big time because he wanted to go to the "train store" or Barnes and Noble as we know it. He did NOT want to go byebye and told me so very emphatically. He was squirming so hard that I literally had to sit on him to get him strapped into his carseat. He was telling me "NO" when I asked him to sit still. He even at one point reached up and scratched my arm with his nails or claws as I call them (I need to cut them tonight after his bath) and growled at me!!!!! Where did THAT come from?

I could not believe that this same child, who was acting so lovingly toward his grandmother and aunts and uncles just 10 minutes prior, was practically abusing me, his own mother, now. He would not do what I wanted him to do. Period. I tried the swat on the butt thing to no avail. He didn't seem to care. I tried to threaten the taking away of toys, but he didn't care. So finally after I got him in the car seat strapped down, I told him that all of his trucks were now mine when we got home. And sure enough, while he sat on his bed screaming and yelling at me, I cleared his big truck shelves and put all of them in my room and told them they were now my trucks and not his. He even had the audacity to run down the hall and open my bedroom door to try to get them before I could catch him!

So now I have a room full of trucks (oh yay, just what I wanted) that will stay there until he can be good to me. I have no idea where this latest attitude is coming from, but I do not like it one bit. For the past few days, everytime I ask him to do something, the first thing out of his mouth is "NO". And he has been very disrespectful to me in telling me "I told you not do that". I tell you the three year old stage is MUCH harder than the two year old stage. That boy is going to cause many many wrinkles and gray hair on me before he is even four!

2 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Sophia is showing a new side as well. I just told the girls in my play group today that I think 3 is going to be harder than 2! Way to stick to your guns! I say everyday he is good he can have a truck back. Oh the joys of mothering!

-LGirl- said...

Didn't anyone tell you That terrible twos was a typo it is actually terrible threes!
I am right there with you!