Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, May 18, 2007

TGIF

I made it to Friday. What a week it has been. It has been full of emotion and happiness.

This week was the last week of Jack's school until Sept. Last night they had their little graduation and boy oh boy was that emotional. First of all, they had all the kindergarteners dressed in cap and gowns and they couldn't have been cuter. They were graduating from the school and moving to the "big kids school" of first grade. Then they had all the other students get up on stage and sing songs. And yes, of course, I was crying. I was smart and did not wear mascara that would run all over the place! At the end of the program, they had a slide presentation of the pictures they took of the kids over the past year. It ran a good 10 minutes or so and I can safely say that there was not a dry eye in the whole place.

I love that school and have watched Jack just flourish while there. I have also made some pretty amazing friends myself and will count Jack's teacher, Kelsey, as a very good friend forever. We did get her good last night. All the mother's got together and presented her with a cookie jar that we had made at a pottery store. First of all, we had all the kid's put their fingerprints on it and then we commissioned an artist to make each fingerprint into an animal. Jack's fingerprint turned into a monkey. It was a jungle theme with the saying "we are wild about Ms. Kelsey". She started to cry and I was so happy that we could do that for her.

It has been more than a bit crazy around the house in the last couple of days. Our wood floors are going in, slowly but surely. For the past two days, they have been working at installing them and they still are not done. They are coming back tomorrow to hopefully finish it up. But as with everything that happens with us, they messed up the measurements. Or I should say, the guy who took the measurements in the first place did not understand that we wanted to put the floor in the kitchen and decided to leave off that square footage from the total. Well to make a long story short, the total cost of this little venture went up another couple thousand dollars and we will be getting the wood floors in our kitchen hopefully in the next couple of weeks. I don't understand how he could imagine that I would want to keep this ugly cheapo vinyl floor while putting the wood floor everywhere else. Oh well. As long as it gets done. And I am beyong thrilled about the color and the look so far. It just makes the whole house look so much more elegant.

I will post pictures and of course video of the boy graduating later when I actually get access to my desk.

No comments: