Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

My Husband, My Hero

Our neighbor knocked on our door a little while ago. She was almost in tears. She was scared. She had a snake in her backyard! She called the cops and said that animal control could come out tomorrow since they were done for the day. Poor thing didn't want a snake in her backyard until tomorrow.

So she knocked on our door hoping my cop-hubby could help out with the snake. Now let me just tell you that I hate HATE snakes. They should not be on this earth whatsoever. Period. And especially in a yard that is only one yard away from my own! No way!

We went over to her house and sure enough, coiled up on their go-kart is a huge king snake. I mean this thing was about 4 ft. long! And it was next door to me! So my brave husband, with no shoes on (okay brave and stupid husband) went out there with a shovel in hand. He pokes and pokes at this THING to get it off the go-kart. It hisses at him. The two females in the house were screaming, yelling "Kill It!" He is out there a good 10 minutes with this evil thing and he finally gets it into the grass where he kills the offending creature that should not have lived in the first place. Yay! He is my hero.

Now you do know that I will never ever walk out of my house without thinking about that evil creature. And going barefoot outside? It is over. Oh and keeping the door open for more than 10 seconds? That is over also. Yuck Yuck Yuck.

No comments: