Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

And Another Installment of Unbelievable Insurance Company

So let me see, since I last posted about my horrible-no-good-insurance-company, a few things have happened. I got yet another bill that they of course denied. This one was the office visit to the doctor for a routine physical. Not even the Gyn doctor, just the family care physician that I found off their list of approved doctors online.

I called yet again and yet again they wanted to put me through to too-perky-Tasha. I complained about her and what do you know this time I actually talked to her perkiness (which turned very sour when she heard it was me on the other end.). And the same old excuse was used as to why this bill was denied - possible pre-existing condition! What?!? For a routine physical? What a piece of crock!

So with Jim on one phone calling the insurance rep at his work and me on the other phone calling doctors, hospitals, radiologists and oh yes lovely insurance companies, we went to work fighting this. Well after talking to the doctor's office, I finally understood where they are getting this "Possible Pre-exisiting condition" crap from. It seems that all the doctor's offices put on their paperwork to the insurance was stating that I had family history of breast cancer (my mother) and heart problems (my father) and the insurance company took that to mean that I could have a "possible pre-exisitng condition" and flat out denied my claims. Again WHAT THE *(@$ !!!!!!!!!!!! How is it that just because my family had these conditions, that I am penalized with a crapload of medical bills???? Oh and the tests turned out that I am healthy! I have NO pre-exisitng anything.

Again, I totally and completely hate insurance companies and yes, we are fighting these bills. My credit maybe ruined because the first round are now going to collection, but I don't care. This is not right!!!!! And I just want to say that health insurance companies are detrimental to your health. My blood pressure was in danger zones yesterday I am sure!

No comments: