Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Biblical Proportions

It was quite a day here yesterday. I am surprised that we are not floating down the street by now. It rained hard all day long and then last night, it even rained harder. We lost power a few times last night and had the candles out burning just in case. According to the news New Orleans got 8 inches, but of course I can't find anything about how much we got. It figures since New Orleans is so much more important than the MS Gulf Coast (whatever). But anyway, I wouldn't be surprised if we got somewhere near that figure. It was quite impressive and another day of that and I would have been making plans to build an ark!

In the Jackaroo news, yes he is still sick. He did not go to school again today. The pink eye seems to be resisting the eye drops because it keeps clearing up, only to come back a few hours later. The cold has turned into an ugly thing with an ugly cough and now he is complaining about his ears hurting. Oh joy. So we are off to go to the doctor this afternoon to see whats up. This doctor is very anti-antibiotics, which is a good thing in my opinion, but that means these doctor visits usually end up with him just looking at him and sending us home saying "yep he's sick just wait it out". But with the ear thing going on, I figure I should take him in. Ya never know.

And all this Jackaroo sickness has made me stir crazy and feeling blah. I haven't been outside of this house since Saturday and it is driving me crazy. Jim is home today and I am thinking that I need to just get out to go and get some milk at the very least. It is the simple things in life that make ya happy - milk shopping. :)

2 comments:

Mrs. R said...

Sorry to hear about Jack not feeling well & you feeling blah....I've had those kind of days & they stink! The rain, I swear, does not help!! When you go out to get the "milk" buy yourself a new magazine...maybe just looking at something new will help ya! Wish I was there to give you a lift!!! :) Please post on how Jack is doing & what you found out at Dr's.

Anonymous said...

Blech, sounds icky and wet.
I hope Jack feels better soon!