Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, October 11, 2007

A Huge Huge Rant

Alright I just want to start off by saying that I HATE insurance companies. I had the two mamograms back a few months. The first one because I am now 40 and that is what you do when you get to this advanced age. The second one because they found a suspicious area in the left breast that needed further review. Thank goodness everything turned out fine.

For the past couple of weeks, I have been getting bills left and right for these two mamograms. The hospital bill, the radiologist bill, the doctor bill, and oh yeah the bill for the actual mamograms. Our lovely insurance company did not pay for one red cent of these bills.

So on Monday I started to call our lovely insurance company. I kept getting passed through to a voice mail of a too-perky-person named Tasha. I would give my info and number to call back. Nothing. Too-perky Tasha would not return my phone calls. Finally today, I got mad and demanded to talk to somebody. And boy oh boy did I get even madder.

Turns out that they are refusing my mamograms because of a "possible pre-existing condition" and we have only been on this insurance since January. It doesn't matter that the "possible pre-existing condition" is a NON-CONDITION! No, just the fact that it may have found that I did indeed have breast cancer and it meant that it was there BEFORE January, then they are refusing to pay. So I asked what do I do. And the woman said that I could get in touch with my previous insurance company and get them to write a letter to my "lovely" insurance company proving that I was covered by insurance, then they would switch it to the "wellness" status and cover it under my "wellness" policy. Fine. Just one problem, it seems that they only cover $200 of wellness care and it also seems that the doctor visit with the pap and all that fun stuff was a total of $195. So even if I went through all the hoops they want to me go through, they would only pay $5 of the more than $350 bills!!!!!!!!!! Oh and we have the luxury of paying over $300/month for this piece of crap insurance.

So now - I am SCREWED! I HATE insurance companies!

No comments: