Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, October 07, 2007

The Big First Game


Jack's first soccer game was on Saturday morning bright and early at 8 am. Geesh they expect a lot out of us parents! Anyway, Jim came home from work and came with us, so he could see Jack's first game. A lot of coffee was consumed by all.


I have to say that it is absolutely adorable watching these little ones play. It is hilarious to see such concentration as they are trying to listen to Coach Mike about what to do and then after the kick off, to see the ball just sail by them with them just standing there. It takes a full five seconds for them to realize that they have to run after the ball. Too funny and too cute.


Jack actually did pretty good and I was amazed that he was one of the few on both teams that did NOT cry. I am sure his time will be coming. I don't think you can get out of soccer without crying at the age of three.


And being the type of mother that I am, I just have to go buy Jack some black shorts and the sock type shin guards to match with his team mates. I know I know it is shallow of me, but I want him to be like the others hehe.


I also think that Jack has the best soccer coach in all the Y soccer league. He is awesome and even has bought the team soccer patches for their shirts out of his own money. Which reminds me I need to put them on Jack's shirt before his practice on Tuesday. Yeah I could get into this soccer Mom thing.












Short video of the game. Click the > button. (This new blogger feature of adding video is pretty neat I must say)

2 comments:

Mrs. Flinger said...

I love all the pictures. He's grown SO MUCH!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is so cute that it makes me want to shed a few tears. Reminds me of my nephew's first big Soccer game - we went back to Australia to see the family and my nephew Blake wanted me to go watch... he was so cute and scored all the goals... I loved every minute of it. Even if they at times ran around in circles... lol...