Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, October 05, 2007

We're Back!

We are back from our trip to Michigan. Jack and I had a good time. I took him to my high school's homecoming game. He was pretty enthralled with the whole thing and was so cute when he shouted "Go Pennfield!". He thought the coolest thing was the Corvettes that drove the homecoming court onto the football field. And when the football players ran right by us at halftime, he told me that he wanted to be just like them. Yeah I can see my future Friday nights sitting on bleachers. It was good to see the old school and yet surreal at the same time. I am sure that there were people there that I knew, but ya know 20+ years changes people and the only person that I knew I recognized was Steve G. who now is a coach for Pennfield. And poor Pennfield lost really bad - something like 42-12. Ouchie.



The rest of the time we spent with Grammy and Papa. We went for a hike in the woods across the street from my parents. It is kind of sad that the pristine 300 acres of woods that I remember are going to be developed in the very near future. Hopefully they keep the natural beauty that is there. We took this one last chance to hike back in there for a couple of miles. Jack of course loved every minute of it and tried to carry out half the rocks. Every pocket was filled with rocks by the time we were done.



It was good to get back to Michigan. Jack was spoiled of course by Grammy and Papa.

No comments: