Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Updates and Prayers

I am glad that we took Jack to the doctor today. I really had some misgivings as to whether he really needed to go about two hours before we went. He was looking like he felt fine and was sitting on the floor playing with his cars. But he started to go downhill shortly after that and after hearing what the doctor said, I was glad that I didn't listen to myself on this one.

Turns out that his pink eye is not getting any better with the current eye drops. In fact he has some long name that I don't even remember nor would know how to spell to google such a thing. But it is in his left eye, which was very pink, red, and puffy with goop oozing from it when we were there. And the pink eye has caused an ear infection in his left ear also. So if you combine the pink eye, ear infection, cough, and icky cold, the kid is just basically miserable. He came home and laid on the couch sleeping and whimpering for about two hours after I gave him the newly prescribed eye drops and the bubble gum flavored antibiotics. I love the smell of the antibiotics, by the way, it so takes me back to fourth grade when I had pneumonia and was on the very same stuff. Ahhh Memories.

I have also been glued to the tv for the past two days watching the fires in California. I keep thinking about our friends back there and hope and pray that they are alright. The fires haven't hit where we used to live yet (knocking on wood and praying) so most of our friends are safe. However, they are close. In fact, they have evacuated the entire town about 20 miles south of where we were and from what I hear hundreds of homes in that town were burnt down. I had friends in my old playgroup who live in that town and it hits kind of close. The town that my old boss lives in also was hard hit and again I hope he and his family are alright. It really is quite tragic. I remember four years ago this month, there were a lot of fires around us and just seeing that orange sky and all the smoke sure was not a good feeling. I was pregnant at the time and the thought of having to run for your life was so scary and what exactly would I put in the car to leave. Very scary. My thoughts and prayers are with all my old friends and everybody else in California tonight.

No comments: