Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Day at Disneyland

Well we are back from Disneyland. We had a really fun time. It was Jack's 3rd trip to Disneyland and every time just gets more and more fun with him. It is so much fun seeing him interact and enjoy it all. He was quite the little trooper today. We arrived at the park about 9:30 in the morning and stayed until about 5:30 and he didn't take a nap at all during that time. I could tell he was getting really tired but he would not go to sleep because he did not want to miss one minute of Disneyland. But he wasn't grumpy or whiney at all during the day and for that I am very thankful for. We saw kids everywhere asleep in their strollers, but Jack was pushing on. I am also thankful for not having a really whiney kid and believe me, there were many of them at the park today.

We rode a lot of rides including the Teacups, Dumbo, Winnie the Pooh, Pirates of the Carribean, Alice in Wonderland. He also climbed up to the top of the Chip n Dales treehouse all by himself mind you. I tell you, nothing stops this kid from crawling up anything. Also if there was water around, you could safely bet that Jack was figuring out a way to get in the water. No fountain was safe with Jack around.

It was a fun day and I have to admit that I am exhausted at the moment! When we were walking out, I was looking down at my kid who was literally jumping up and down in his stroller because he was so excited and I knew at that point that Jack outlasted me at Disneyland. I am not proud of that fact at all. But within 5 minutes after getting in the car, he was out!

So we got home and he had the quickest bath in history and a quick snack of a banana and he was off to bed. Disneyland is fun, but it can be hard on all.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Wow! I've never seen pictures from DIsneyLAND! Weird... they look just like the Magic Kingdom in Disneyworld!

LOVE LOVE LOVE the Disney pics. Ben loved the characters...but HATED the Pirates Ride. How did Jack do on that?!

And I have to agree... Disney (land or world) is fun...but HARD WORK. Especially with a baby.

Jack's Mom said...

I have been to both Disneyland and Disney World. They are very much the same, except Disney world is about 4 times the size of Disneyland, which is just fine with me. Disneyland wears me out enough! He actually did really well on all the rides. I thought that he would get scared on the Pirates ride, but just kind of took it all in and he didn't even scream when the ride went down the hill really fast on the Pirates ride.

Erin said...

hehe... that drop (in the pitch dark) is what traumatized Ben for the REST OF OUR TRIP.