Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, May 25, 2005

The new morning routine

The newest routine in our morning is so much fun, it has become one of my favorite times of the day. Jack usually wakes up and keeps himself occupied for at least a half hour which is very very nice because it allows me to get myself ready for the day. It is fun to hear him in the next room just talking up a storm about very important issues I am sure. So when I walk into his room, he jumps right up and is all smiles. He then turns around and points to his Blue Jean Teddy Bear blanket that is hanging on the wall above his crib. The picture on the blanket depicts Blue Jean Teddy and his friends playing with a Noah's Ark set. So every morning we have to go through a little routine with the blanket. He will point to every single animal on the blanket and I will tell him that is an elephant, zebra, etc. And everytime we do this, he gets so excited he just about jumps up and down. One morning, I tried to take him out of the crib before we went through all the animals, the stars and hearts on the blanket and quickly found out that it was a big mistake. He started screaming bloody murder and would not stop until I put him back in the crib and we finished our little routine. I figure I can be late to work a few minutes to accomodate this latest morning ritual.

2 comments:

Jack's Mom said...

LOL Jane that is too funny!

Erin said...

omg, Ben does the SAME THING. And he won't let me take him out of the crib until he has given me the entire tour... "That's your froggie." "Blankie." "Binky." "Uhhuh, that's another binky." "And a book" "And the fishies..."

LOL!