Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Things are looking up and an apology

Knock on wood, but I think that both Jack and I are getting better. I swear that this bug has a sleeping disease as part of it. Yesterday, I could not function. All I wanted to do was just sleep. I felt like if I closed my eyes for more than 10 seconds, I would be off to La La land. It also affected Jack today. He went down for his nap around 9 am this morning and didn't wake up until after 1 pm. Over 4 hours of napping. If only I could of done that yesterday, it would have been heaven!

So after he woke up, we went to the Pool and Spa show. We were lusting after all the pools and spas and really cool bbqs and other stuff that we can't afford. They also had the redwood play centers that Jack just had a blast crawling and climbing all over. Of course, he loved giving me a heart attack. He would climb up into the fort and there was a huge step up to the next level which with a little effort he could climb up. Then once he's up there, he kept getting closer and closer to the big drop off and I thought that I was going to have a heart attack everytime he got close to the edge. I swear he knew he was doing that to me and got a kick out of hanging a foot over the edge and see me panic. He also loved the slide and kept trying to crawl back up the slide side. Needless to say when it was time to leave, he threw a Royal Jackaroo Fit that garnered the attention of all nearby innocent victims.

So because of all the crawling around on the playset, the kid was filthy! His legs were black and to top it off, Daddy gave him a french fry with ketchup and he thought it was fun to get the ketchup all over himself instead of eating it. So I look down at this filthy child with the ketchup stained shirt and ketchup in the hair, black legs and feet, and a huge black smudge on his face and realize that I need to publicly apologize for thinking down to all those parents whose children I used to see who were dirty. I used to think "can't you keep your kid clean?". I am sorry, I was naive and young and a non-mother. I understand now because my kid is one of the worst!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I used to think the same thing when I saw kids with food stains all over their clothes, runny noses and grimly little hands. Now? That is my child on any given day within about 2 hours of waking up! I really don't know how people do keep their kids clean for any length of time.