Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy Mother's Day to all!

I hope all the mother's, grand-mother's, and step-mother's out there are having a great Mother's Day. It has been a good one here.

Yesterday, we got up bright and early and was out garage saleing (I know thats not a word but it works). We scored at this one place where we picked up a Little Tykes slide, a Tug Boat sand box, and some small toys all for $20. They had a redwood fort there, but it was sold by the time we showed up. It was only $100 which is far far far cheaper than what you can buy. We have been looking at them at the minimum of $1000.

Then Jim went to Wal-Mart and brought home a new bike and little kids trailer. Now I have to tell you that I can not remember the last time that I rode a bike! I really don't remember too much bike riding after I got my driver's license at the age of 16, so it has been a long long long time. And like they always say, you never forget how. But as I was riding this bike, I was thinking to myself that either I am a lot bigger than the last time I rode (which is very much the case) or this bike seems small. Then Jim realized that it was indeed a girl's sized bike not full-sized. So we made the executive decision that Laura's bike is getting small for her and decided that she get the bike. Hence, we are going back today and get another one for me - this time full-sized.

So we hooked up the trailer to the bike and Laura rode him around and Jack sure did like that. I can tell that I am going to be out on the bike a lot riding him around the neighborhood.

We have somewhat recovered from our night of no sleep. I still don't know what his problem was. He seemed no worse for the wear, in fact, I was more worn out than he was. I also picked up a nasty cold or allergies somewhere. Probably the fact that I have not had much sleep and stress level has been way up there.

Work has been very stressful and I won't go into details here. But I will say that people you work with can make your life miserable and when they know they are making your life miserable, they know how to go in for the kill. This happened this week and I have been toying with the idea of quitting and finding some part - time job close or finding a full-time job that makes a ton of money. Of course I am torn and don't know what to do. Pros and Cons on both sides. At this point, I will just stay at the current job and see what happens.

Anyway, Happy Mother's Day to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would say garage saleing is a word! I use it all of the time!