Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, May 02, 2005

Stay at Home Moms make $130,000 a year

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7709166/

This article is about how much stay at home moms do and if worked the same intensity in the working world would make about $130,000 a year. I applaud this and all stay at home moms. I understand just how hard the job is and how many people can take you for granted and think that you are not doing anything while you are "staying at home". I know that is not true and I know how hard you all work.

But at the same time, I would love to hear about how much a working mother should receive on top of her salary in the work force. I do not choose to work, I have to work. I have a very stressful job (except at this moment, when I am blogging at work) that takes a lot out of me. But when I come home, I have to start my "second job" of mother. I don't have the luxury of relaxing or even sitting down. I have a one-year who needs me and unfortunately part of those days are without any help from Jim because of his weirdo schedule. I don't get a break - Ever. So how much do I get on top of the salary that I make?

Can we just say that the job of MOTHER is a hard and thankless job? One that you don't get paid in dollars for, but you do get paid. You get paid everytime your child smiles at you, everytime you get a big hug or one of those open-mouthed drooling kisses. Nobody said it was going to be easy - but lets just compliment ALL mothers for all the hard work they put in.

No comments: