Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Where did the years go?

I just found out that my high school reunion is on Sept 3rd. Which one you might ask? The 20th!!! How did that happen? I mean it was just a couple of years ago I was that naive 18 year old who thought she knew it all and really didn't know anything. I went to a small high school in Michigan. Our graduating class consisted of 120 seniors. That is so very small compared to the high schools here in California where literally thousands of kids in each graduating class.

So I was thinking about how time has flown and how did I get to be in my late 30s? And what made it worse the other day Laura and I were talking and out of nowhere she asks me "What was it like in the 80's?". I remember asking my mother the same thing except it was "what was it like in the 50's?". I remember thinking that the 50's seem so old-fashioned and anyone who grew up in the 50's had to be OLD. So then I think is that what Laura thinks of me? Of course she does. She is 9 and I am 38 about to go to my 20th reunion. But I just have to say this - the 80's had the best music. But I am sure that is what my mother would say about her era. Sigh.

No comments: