Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Does NOT Dance with Bears

I can maybe chalk it all up to him being tired. After all we were on the go a lot yesterday when we went up to see Grammy and three Aunties who spoiled a boy to no end. There was a lot of cookie making at Aunt Ann's house, lots of entertaining to be done, lots of kisses to be given out, and even some Christmas presents to open. Yes, it was a full day yesterday and we were all pooped when we got home last night.

However, not sure if that is the reason why my child woke up as the devil incarnate this morning. We TRIED to go to the playland Bear Cub Club where there is always fun times to be had ... except today. It all started out relatively good by doing a craft. Last week Jack had his picture taken and this week we made pretty Christmas frames to go around the pictures. All was sorta fun. Until I told him that we were going to do the program where we sing and dance and listen to a story and NOT go play with the humungous new train table they just setup. I told him that we would play with the trains AFTER the program, but he had to go play with the other kids right then.

Of course, this was followed by screams and tears. I really tried to get him to do the Reindeer Hokey Pokey (you put your right hoof in hehe) but he would barely even turn himself around. And when it came time to go get a teddy bear to dance with our bears, that is when I threw in the towel. He shoved another little boy out of the way, he told Miss Kathy (the director) a big fat "NO" when she asked him to pick up the mess he created, and then he hit me when I told him to stop what he was doing. So we left. We did not play with the trains. We did not get to climb on the cool climbing structure. And then in the car, there was NO Dora playing on the dvd ... The Horror!

Anybody do excorism on toddlers? We seriously need to get that devil out of the one that lives in our house.

2 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Did you get my email I sent back to you? I thought I might hear back from you regarding "you know what"! ;)

Anonymous said...

The Christmas season brings out the worst in all of us. He will be fine after all the excitement is over. I love him even if he is a bear.