Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 30, 2006

Technical Difficulties

**Updated to add that I did get a new dvd player and NO tv. I did look at the tvs but seriously the price tags, even the cheap ones, made me run the other way. I did, however, end up buying a dvd recorder that I can hook up our camcorder to and record onto dvd - supposedly. I will probably use our camcorder a lot more if that is the case.

Frustration is trying to watch a movie on a dvd player that is almost as old as a decade and have it breakdown in the middle of movie. I guess that is what me and the kids are going to be doing today while Jim is sleeping - buying a new dvd player. Of course this comes hours after Jim and I had THE talk about tightening up our purse strings a bit to save for something big. Alright one more purchase this year. I am just going to try to control myself so that I don't come home with a new plasma tv that I have been eyeing for the past few months. Our tv, which is as old as the dvd player, is also on the fritz. We get to watch tv with these big purple balls at the bottom of the screen. I know you are jealous.

I need to be chanting to myself - No New Tv, No New Tv, No New Tv, Just a dvd player!

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

So.....how big is the new TV you bought with the kids today?!?!?!?