Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 01, 2007

1000 Posts and a New Year

I just saw that this is my 1000th post. Hmmm, because if you add them up on the sidebar, it doesn't come up with 1000, but whatever, it is still a lot of posts in my book. A lot of ramblings. A lot of complaining about Jack, Laura, Jim and the animals with a few posts thrown in about how great they all are every now and then. I started this blog when Jack was 4 months old and I was trying to adjust to my life as a new mother, or I should say trying to survive after that huge train named motherhood hit me full force and never slowed down. How come nobody tells you that first month just plain sucks???? How utterly horrible living on 20 minute naps really is???? They really need to sit you down as soon as you pee on that stick and explain these things to you.

So here I am 1000 posts, 2 years and 4 months later, and in many ways still struggling to cope with that train named motherhood. But I wouldn't take it back for anything in the world.

Happy New Year to you all out there who read my little part of the internet. Hopefully 2007 is filled with 365 wonderful days for all.

Now I am going to take my tired butt to bed because I had to sleep with a certain toddler last night at Grammy's house who kicked me in my ribs and I swear damaged my kidneys all night long.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year Claytons!

Here comes 2007 with many challenges you will all survive and survive well. Jesus says so.

Here's to 1000 more posts!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, your posts have interested many of my friends, so here is to another 1000 coming their way. Hope they go on for years and years.

Steffie B. said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT! Until Daniel started sleeping through the night, I was a zombie! I forgot how much work it was.....it had after all been 10 years since Emmie and Sophia was sleeping throught the night one week after we brought her home! Personally, I thought getting on an airplane and flying half way around the word was a lot easier than being pregnant and giving birth! lol