Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, January 14, 2007

A Perfect Day

First of all, I just want to say to those who are in the cold part of the world, please don't hate me after you see where Jack and I went today:


It was perfect 72 degrees and sunny today. So after church today, Jack and I drove to the beach to enjoy some of this perfection. He and I had so much fun today. We kicked our shoes off and just enjoyed the feel of the sand in the toes. He had fun dumping sand all over me and thought it was really funny when he dumped handfuls in my hair. I think I will be picking sand out of my hair for days. But it was worth it. Too bad Daddy couldn't come with us, but he was home sleeping because he has just about worked the last 36 out of 48 hours. So he needed his sleep.
When it was time to leave, I literally had to carry Jack off the beach kicking and screaming. I tried to tell him that we now live only 10 minutes away and can come back anytime, but it didn't help with the current situation of kicking and screaming.
Oh and don't be too jealous of us because according to the forecast, we are supposed to be in the 40's by Tuesday.























Hurricane Katrina is still very much alive down here as you can see from the damaged building that is across the street from the beach. It just breaks my heart everytime I drive on this road.
I met some college students on the beach today who were down here from Albion College in Michigan, near where I grew up. They were here on their winter break to help out in the rebuilding efforts. Of course, they were also soaking up the Gulf Coast sun and playing volleyball on the beach today. It is not all work and no play for them.





And this is what happened while I was cooking dinner. I think I figured a way to exhaust a boy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great pictures. I am writing this as we are having a bad ice storm here in Battle Creek. Many people are without power this morning, so I appreciate our power. Yes, your father and I are a tad jealous, but are happy for you all down there.

-LGirl- said...

Sheesh! a beach day in January...
Stomping feet. Just not fair!