Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Blogging

With the latest post by Rbelle stating that she is getting out of blogging (I still can not believe that) got me to thinking about blogging in general. I have known some of these women in blogland for over 3 years now. I met a lot of them through the pregnancy message board on iVillage during our pregnancy months, then in the playgroup message board after our babies were born. Rbelle was there talking about her Beaux and she was crazy enough to get pregnant and have another baby, Belle, 13 months later. Yes, I said she was crazy.

I feel like I know these women in blogland better than I know my "real-life" friends. I mean I really don't think I have discussed "hay hay" with my friend Janet as much as I have heard Mrs. Flinger talk about hers. Yes we are talking about THAT. We have gone through happiness and sadness with each other. It was a comfort knowing that I had these group of women who were going through the teething, sleeplessness, sickness, tantrums, and everything else that has happened to us and our children during the years. I have literally cried for Erin when she suffered through two miscarriages in the past year and wishing that there was some way that I could reach out and give her a hug and let her know somebody across the country was thinking of her. I also am waiting impatiently to hear that Jane gets her referral from China so she can go pick up her little China doll, Maddie. I am living vicariously through Carolyn the world of accounting and tax returns. She has my respect for being able to do all that with a little boy who is very much like Jack. I have laughed with Claire and her wit while she deals with two little boys.

Who knew that blogging would bring so much into my life? This little obscure part of the internet that I started just so I could spread Jack's pictures to family easily has turned into a passion for me. Who knew that it would reunite me with old friends from 20+ years ago - Stefanie and Amy. Yes Amy, you should start a blog!

I may not be a big time blogger like Dooce or The Mommy Blog or even you Mrs. Flinger :) but I love it. Thank you all. And Rbelle - Don't Leave!

5 comments:

Mindy said...

Heh, it would take forty days, six maps, and several bus transfers to cross the gulf between Dooce's stature and mine. I may be one of the longer-running moms, but certainly not one of the most widely-read. Thank you for thinking it though!

Mindy

Steffie B. said...

Oh.....thanks for such a nice post. I know...it's odd isn't it? How people come and go and then come back into your life? I am so glad I got to talk to you at the reunion and now blogging as well. And you know...at some point we will have the China bond as well! ;)

RB said...

Thanks so much, you are so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
I could have written this post! I agree wholeheartly with you. I get frustrated with blogging at times, but I treasure what the experience has brought to my life. It warms my heart to know you feel the same way about Connor and I as I do about you and Jack.

RB said...

Hmm. By the way, *I* am mb. I think I have that oddity corrected now!