Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 08, 2007

My Handy Husband

Ever since Christmas brought the mega toys upon our little house, I was wondering what and how to handle all these toys. I did go through his toys the other day and weeded out a large tote and a garbage bag full of stuff. However, it didn't even feel like I put a dent in the mess.

So my husband, who is wonderful, made this:

It holds all the new huge trucks, tractors, jeeps, and other assorted boy toys. Do ya'll think he has enough trucks?
Of course the boy loved it. He also helped Daddy work on it by helping drill the holes and measure. The boy is a whiz with the tape measure. Now I need to paint it. His room, which is only done at the moment, is painted in a gray blue. I was thinking of doing primary colors, but who knows I might get fancy and do coordinating stripes or something.


A picture of the train table also in his room with the cute little shelf that holds his cars and trains. Of course it doesn't hold ALL of them because then we would need something that covers the entire wall! Yeah and this wall is not yet painted. Hopefully I can get his room finished painting in the next week or so and call it done!

4 comments:

Claire said...

I LOVE your new handmade truck shelf. It's just perfect. Now I just need to get MY handy husband to look at your blog. Our post-Christmas toypalooza is threatening to take over the house!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome. It's nice to have a handy hubby around!!

mommyofkgrc said...

hooray for a handy hubby. . .love thae TRUCK shelf!!!

Mrs. Flinger said...

That is just so so cute!