Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, January 11, 2007

Fleas!

We have been taken over by fleas. They are everywhere. Or I should say they were. We had to have the pest control people come and spray and hopefully we have seen the last of the little indestructible creatures. Of course, it couldn't be easy. We had the cats boarded overnight to get them out of the house and also get groomed (no I do NOT give cats baths) and de-fleaed. Did ya'll know there are these pills out there now that you can give to the cats and dogs and it will kill all the fleas on their bodies within 20 minutes? That is so cool.

As far as the dogs, we took them with us while the house was flea bombed. Then when we got home, I had the lovely job of giving them baths (the 15th in the last week or so it seems) and then giving them the pills to commit flea murder. And now I am in the middle of doing 1800 loads of laundry. Hopefully with all these efforts, we can be rid of the critters forever. I hate them!

In other news, Jack has taken to just running. His favorite thing to do is just run and run and run. So tonight after dinner, Jack and I went out front and just ran and ran and ran all around the cul-de-sac. I love living on a cul-de-sac. We also played the turn-around-and-around-then-freeze game which made him burst into fits of giggles. The boy just cracks me up.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Poor Dawn! I can relate, man. I was just there! I think I just now finished doing all my laundry...but no more bites on my fellers, and that's what counts.