Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sleep Walking

I was sleep walking today. Seriously. Jack and I went out to do some errands and I literally felt like I could fall asleep standing. We were at Free Petting Zoo (Petsmart) looking at the birdies, fishies, and kitties and I was very happy for the cart to lean on, I tell ya.

So I get home and announced to Jack that we are going to do something "fun". We went into Mama's bedroom and laid down on her bed to watch tv! Yay! I actually got about a 15 minute nap while the boy watched Curious George.

Then a light bulb went off in my sleepy head. I realized that because I have been trying to drink more water, that I did not have any coffee today! Gasp! Oh my gosh! Me, No Coffee! I drank a big glass of water this morning and then got busy doing stuff and didn't even bother making any coffee. And that was why I was a sleep-walking zombie with a headache the size of Rhode Island this morning.

Of course, then I had to question myself. Am I really THAT addicted to coffee??? Yep, I am. And to think I never drank any of the stuff until I lived in Seattle, the land of the crazed caffeinated people!

Oh and yes I felt sooooo much better after having just one cup of coffee that I even was able to take Jack out for a 45 minute walk. It is my drug and I like it thank you very much.

2 comments:

Steffie B. said...

You mean to tell me you don't have a programable coffee pot???? Oh girl....that is what you need. I just wake up in the morning, head downstairs and there is my nice coffee waiting just for me! :)

Jack's Mom said...

LOL! I DO have a programmable one, but for some reason we rarely use that option! Geesh! You might be onto something there. I might just have to go program right now! Good idea Stef.