Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, January 29, 2007

Coffee Klatch

I went to coffee klatch today and it was so much fun!!! I didn't really plan it. After dropping Jack off at school today (where he proclaimed proudly that he is now using the potty), I decided to run over to my favorite internet cafe to grab a coffee and read a book. So there I was reading and drinking my non-fat, sugar-free vanilla latte, when Katie, another mother in Jack's class, walked in. She sat down in her very social buterfly way and started chit chatting. Now, everybody who knows me, knows that I am so not a social butterfly. In fact, I am pretty much in a coccoon until I get to know somebody or I meet another mother, then I blossom. But Katie, she is the butterfly of the preschool and she knows EVERYBODY.

So while we were sitting there, another woman carrying a very newborn baby walked in and of course Katie being who she is, invites her to sit down with us. And before I knew it, the entire two hours had disappeared along with my yummy latte. It was so much fun to just kick back and not worry about what errands needed running, or the house, or the laundry, or more importantly entertaining Jack. It was fun talking about mommy stuff or just women stuff in general. Katie and I gave Ashley, the new mom of an adorable 2-month-old baby girl, all kinds of advice. Like any new mom, Ashley was a bit overwhelemed with the whole thing. We reassured her it does get easier, but yet harder in different ways (potty training). And boy oh boy was my uterus contracting when I got to hold the little munchkin! I keep having to tell myself, no no no more pregnancies. Of course, I felt incredibly old when Ashley told us that she graduated HIGH SCHOOL in 2002! Oh my word, what a way to feel ancient.

Katie and I made plans to sign our boys up for T-ball starting in April. I can not wait to watch Jack out there with his little baseball helmet running the bases. Good grief WHERE did my baby go?

1 comment:

Claire said...

What?!?!? T-ball? Nuh-UH! It's funny -- our town has lots of community programs for little people and the youngest you can start is at 3. I was reading over the spring circular and thinking "Well, maybe next year for Isaac." And then it hit me...he WILL be three this spring. How did that happen again?