Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 01, 2006

Happy Feet Not so Happy for a Toddler

I ventured out with the potential puke/diahrea bomb also known as Jack today. He seems fine, despite the doctor's warnings about the virus coming back at any time. We went to see the movie Happy Feet. It got great reviews saying it was a good movie for the kids and all. But my kid did not like it at all. There were some really scary places where some seals and whales were chasing the penguin all over the ocean that pretty much traumatized the boy. And if it wasn't a scary scene, it was a preachy message about the environment and how we should not be fishing in the waters where there are penguins. I honestly don't have too much opinion about that issue, but I do not like it in my kid's movie.

It was cute in some parts and the dancing penguins did make me smile a bit, but all in all, I would not recommend the movie for any of the toddlers out there. Jack did end up crawling into my lap during the scary whale scene and then soon fell asleep for the last 30 minutes of the movie. So that was Jack's opinion of it all - a snooze fest.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to know. Thanks!