Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, December 08, 2006

Doodle Bopping

Today was the big Doodlebop concert day for Jack and I. Here he is posing in front of the ridiculously-priced merchandise ($25 for one of those stupid DeeDee, Rooney, or Moe hats in the background and no he did not get one) booth. It was SOOOOOO cold (yes it was in the 20s) this morning and I think he is still a frozen Jackaroo here.


And here he is with his "mom-approved" Doodlebop merchandise that I bought for him - a $4 kazoo and $12 binoculars. He was happy until he saw the $20 twirling lights that he just HAD to have, but the mean Mom that I am said no.


We saw a TON of little girls with pink hair dressed just like DeeDee, right down to the piano dress and boots.



Bus Driver Bob was there to warm up the crowd - sorta. He basically just introduced commercials for other shows on Playhouse Disney. Pretty lame if you ask me.


And of course there were the Doodlebops themselves. They did a lot of songs that I had never heard of so I was a bit disappointed there. I was trying to figure out if they were lip synching and I honestly couldn't tell. If they were, they were doing a good job. And DeeDee sure was breathing hard after dancing all around a few times. Good workout. I was quite disappointed in the 25-minute intermission. I mean really people, do you really think that trying to keep a packed house full of toddlers occupied for 25 minutes is fun??

I am not sure Jack enjoyed it to be honest. About 15 minutes into the show, he asked me if we could go bye bye now. So I guess that is a good indicator of what he thought. I think he was getting into it at the end when they were doing some of their regular songs. And the finale was Moe pulling the rope and a bunch of confetti dropped from the ceiling. Kinda cool. The mother next to me with her two-year-old was having a hard time of it because her toddler did NOT want to be there at all. He practically screamed all the way through it and they ended up leaving early.

The concert was in Baton Rouge so we drove over last night and stayed in a hotel nearby. Since Jim had today off, he went with us and stayed in the room while Jack and I went to the concert. Afterward, we walked along the Mississippi River a bit (very short since it was only about 30 degrees!). We went to see the USS Kidd museum. I can tell you that Jim and Jack enjoyed themselves A LOT more than I did on the ship. I truthfully did not care, but Jim was in heaven walking around it.

All in all a good day was had by all. We stopped at a mall near New Orleans on the way home and walked around a bit. We did not go to the Mall of Louisiana simply because it seemed too much work at the time. We can do that another non-holiday time!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

avoiding the mall of louisiana at xmas time is actually a good idea. it is jammed. of course avoiding any mall at xmas time is probably a good idea.

Midnight Show x0 said...

I have a question for you about the Doodlebops show. Please e-mail me here: slange87@gmail.com

Thank you!

-- Stephanie*
www.deedeerooneymoe.net

Anonymous said...

I think it is hilarious that you wet to a Doodlebops show. Sophia will watch that show on Sunday mornings before church and my husband thinks it is the dummest shoe ever! lol What do those Dad's know, right? haha What ever makes the child happy so I can have my morning coffee! I'll be in touch regarding you email! ;)

Steffie B. said...

Oh my word.....I just saw all my typo's! Horrible. I'm typing on Emmie's computer because mine is being looked at. I guess my fingers aren't use to it! Sorry!