Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 25, 2006

Merry Christmas Night!

It was a good Christmas in the Jackaroo household. I really believed that my in-laws liked us until I saw what they gave Jack for Christmas. Every. Single. Gift. was bigger than he is! Among the list of toys were a Tonka firetruck that stands almost as tall as he is, a Tonka big rig with trailer with dump truck that yes stands as tall as the fire truck, and a Thomas tent that takes up an entire room that he loves to crawl through.

And the "Big Gift" onslaught didn't just come from Jim's side of the family, oh no, my very own parents had to buy the biggest gift of all - a Fire Truck pedal car complete with hose, bell, and ladders!! Now the question of the day is where is all this stuff going to go?

It was a fun day starting off with having to wake up Laura to wake up her brother to get him to go see that Santa had been here. Jim and I laid in bed until 6:30 and couldn't wait any longer and had to enlist the help of big Sissy Laura. We heard them go out to the tree and heard him scream "Toys!". So much fun. Of course, Jim and I had to stumble out and act all surprised and everything. To say that the boy was overwhelmed would be an understatement. He did not know what to play with first and kept going from one to another. This year was definitely a truck theme for him. Santa brought the boy a dump truck and a crane and we bought him a bulldozer. The kid will be the best equipped kid on the beach. He will be able to move major sand all over the place!

Laura made out really well this year also. She got tons of jewelry, pjs, REALLY cute boots (wish they fit me), a fun fashion designer game, a purse, 2 watches, and stuff I can't remember now. I think she is happy.

Jim and I also did quite well. Jim bought me a sapphire and diamond ring that is absolutely beautiful. Not sure I want to hug and kiss him or hit him for spending that much money, but I love it. I am afraid he only got a pair of shoes, shirts, and some small stuff. I am the sensible person of the family hehe.

We had a really lazy day today where we all stayed in our pjs all day long. The kids played with their toys and games while Jim and I watched tv and napped. To be honest, I was so worried about the Christmas Eve dinner we had up with my in-laws yesterday that I really didn't think about Christmas dinner or anything at our own house today. I can chalk it up to being sick the last few days, but I didn't have anything planned special for this morning or anything. And we didn't have a whole lot to eat and/or I didn't feel like cooking at all. At one point I actually tried to call out for pizza, but I guess they let their drivers off for Christmas - go figure. But we survived hehe.

Jim is working nights now and probably will be from now on. I hate him on nights because his schedule is 7 am to 7pm, which means he is home trying to sleep during the day and I have to either get Jack out of the house to keep it quiet or keep the boy quiet (ha!) while we are at home. And I also feel like I can't get anything done because I don't want to disturb Jim by vacuuming or going in and out of the bedroom doing laundry or whatever. But we will just have to come up with some routine and thank goodness he doesn't work more than 2 or 3 days at time before getting 2 or 3 days off.

I will post the Christmas pictures tomorrow when I feel like actually downloading them off the camera.

I hope everybody out there had a very special Christmas with their families and friends.

No comments: