Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, December 04, 2006

My Turn and a Welcome

First of all, I want to extend a big Welcome to the Blogging World to my friend from High School - Stefanie! She is a brave brave soul who has 3 kids ages 12, 2 and 7 months old. She and her husband adopted their 2-year-old daughter, Sophia, from China and then proceeded to have another baby. I guess she loves to change diapers and chaos hehe. She is even pursuing another adoption again at this time. Jane, you might want to check her blog out also since you are getting closer and closer to getting your own little Chinese bundle of joy. Anyway, Welcome Steffie! It is great to see you and your family doing so well.

And onto other news, it was my turn in the Jackaroo house to get the crud. I woke up yesterday morning and went "uhoh". Of course, it also happened to be on a day when Jim had to work. Twelve very very long hours of just me and Jack and the wonderful joy of dry heaving. I tell ya, dry heaving sure is a workout because my abs right now sure are sore! Thankfully, I got the 24-hour version and not the 5-day version that Jim had. I actually was able to eat something and not have my stomach go into fits. Yay! But I have to say that Jack was soooo good yesterday. He played with his cars, trucks, and puzzles while watching movie after movie. I think he understand that I was not feeling well and at one point when I got up to get something, he told me "just lay down Mama, just lay down". What a sweetie he is! Yes, I know I have the best kid in the world.

I am glad that it hit me when it did because later this week, Jack and I are going to Baton Rouge to go to a Doodlebops concert. Yes, that is right, we are driving 2.5 hours to go see a toddler rock band. But, you see it isn't all for the toddler, because there just happens to be The Mall of Louisiana right nearby. What a coincidence huh?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Dawn.....Oh this is so fun! :) Sophia would be thrilled to go to a Doodlebops concert! Lucky little Jack! Did I tell you back at the reunion that I was pregnant? I had just found out. You know...we weren't suppose to have any more children. Like a 1 - 3% chance and four months after coming home from China I was pregnant after 10 years! Unbelievable!

Jack's Mom said...

Hi Steffie, yes I remember you telling me at the reunion that you were pregnant. I just can't believe that he is now 7 months old! He's a miracle, just like Jack was. Amazing what happens after doctors tell you that you can't have kids anymore eh? I am really happy for you guys.