Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Mommy and Me Day

Today was Mommy and Me Day at Jack's preschool. It was a day where all the mothers went from classroom to classroom and made christmas crafts with their little ones. It was all so organized too. We had exactly 20 minutes in each classroom to make the specified craft and then it was onto the next.


See what we (ME) made today. We (ME) also made a christmas tree out of painting our hands green and putting them on the paper with red glitter. That was kept at school to show off at the Christmas program next week.

And speaking of Christmas program, how is it that my child is old enough to be in a Christmas program? Rbelle asked the same question on her blog too and I just can not fathom where the time has gone. I was talking to the school director today and she told me that actually the two-year-olds are just going to be on stage for 3 songs and then they will get to come sit with their families. This is to not distract from the older kids, since we all know how well two-year-olds can sit still, especially on a stage in front of a hundred people.

We also had an "incident" today at school. While us mothers were doing the kid's crafts, the kids were playing with the various toys in all the classrooms. Well during the making of the sheep (cotton ball) ornament, Jack got into a fight with another little boy and ended up biting him on the thumb! At first, I could not believe it when the other mother told me (not so nice) that my son bit her son. I mean Jack has never ever ever done anything like that before. But she stuck her son's thumb in my face to prove it and sure enough there was a thumb with Jack teeth marks on it. By this time, Jack is screaming and I go to him quite mad that he would do such a thing and about ready to lay into him about it. But another mother whispered in my ear that the other boy provoked Jack by hitting Jack really hard with a toy and I guess Jack got fed up and reached down and bit. So here I am with this mother very obviously angry with ME about her son's thumb and not knowing how to handle my son biting her son simply because he was defending himself. So I kind of just told Jack that it wasn't nice and made him say sorry to the little boy, but inside I wanted to yell at the other mother that HER son should say sorry to Jack and ME for that matter for her very rude and uncalled for behavior!

I tell ya preschool can get very tense these days!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the joys of Motherhood! lol I've tried posting a few times and have been having trouble. Hope this one goes through!