Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Yuckies

Somehow somewhere, I got the bad puke/fever/diahrea/migraine bug. Yesterday after coming home from spending half the day shopping with my SIL and MIL, I started to feel a bit feverish. By 5pm, I was downright sick with a 102.7 fever and throwing up and the tylenol I took was NOT helping at all because my fever rose from 101.2 to 102.7 in a matter of an hour.

So, Jim took me to the ER. He told Laura that she was in charge of Jack and off we went. One of the perks of having a cop as a husband, he can call one of his buddies to check on the kids while he is at the hospital with his sick wife. The cops here are really great group of people.

Anyway, while waiting in the waiting room for hours (not sure how many cause I lost count), I seemed to have formed a migraine that was THE worst I have ever had. The bright lights all over the hospital did not help one bit either. Finally after 3 hours and getting checked over twice by Triage and deciding that I wasn't needing a bed before anybody else, I was finally brought into a room. The doctor was very nice and decided to do a CT scan on my head to see what was going on. And before she did that, she gave me something for my nausea/migraine pain/fever that was unbelievable. I have no idea what she put into my system with that shot, but it took a whole 3 seconds before I felt the effects and another 3 seconds before I was out cold. They woke me up to take me to do the CT and the only thing I remember was getting into the wheelchair and then very faintly hearing the CT machine and then I was out again until the doctor came back into the room to tell me that they found nothing except for a case of sinus infection (duh, I have one of those almost constantly it seems). But I don't remember how I got home or anything until I woke up this morning around 7:30.

I am feeling better, sorta. I did throw up another three times today and the fever is still persistant with the lowest being around 100.5 or so. I am awake right now because the fever spiked up again to almost 102 and I have slept almost all day long.

But I did get out of having to wrap gifts today and shoved that chore off onto Jim and Laura. I just pointed and told Jim which gifts were for which people and he wrapped and Laura put the ribbons and bows on them. Ha! Being sick does have its rewards...kinda.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, Please call your mom and dad when you read this. We are worried sick about your feeling this badly.