Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

No Offers

Well my phone was not ringing off the hook with offers to babysit, so I had to improvise and use another babysitter. The TV. Yep that is right, I sat Jack down in front of The Polar Express movie. It seems however, our dvd of the movie is not working because it kept jumping back to the beginning, so I had to use the tv version that was on Tivo. This worked like a charm until a commercial would come on and the child would burst into tears and start screaming. I, of course, came running from whatever room to fast forward through the commercials. But hey it occupied the child for a couple of hours. Between that and Thomas shows, I was able to get my house cleaned, laundry done, bills paid, and Christmas cards addressed.

The only room that I did not tackle was Jack's room and well that is an all day project that MUST get done soon. I seriously need to go through all his toys and box up the ones he does not play with anymore. I also need to paint his room and hang some stuff up on his walls that have been sitting in his closet since we moved. Jim bought these really cute airplane and train shelves that Jack keeps wanting to play with because he can see them on the top shelf in his closet. The room will be really cute once it is done, or I should say once I get my butt in gear and actually work on it.

So because the rooms were cleaned, I thought I would show off my new window coverings that took TEN WEEKS to get to me. I ordered them the week after we moved in and they promised me that I would have them by Thanksgiving. They were good on their promise, however, they were delivered TWO days before turkey day and that was only because I begged on the phone with the installer. I am really pleased with how the shutters and valances came out, just not sure it was worth the small fortune (college education) that I paid.





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always thought that yellow was a good color for a kitchen. It looks wonderful. I know what you're saying about window coverings, they are soooooo expensive, but they look PERFECT.

Sis,Aunt Corlinda

Carolyn said...

Wow, I am IMpressed that you got all that done with Jack! I had to pay a babysitter to come last weekend just so I could finally paint the other half of my bedroom! The house looks great too. I LOVE the window coverings and it is giving me big idea of what I want to do in my kitchen & family room. I hear you on the small fortune though...that's why mine aren't done yet.

Erin said...

Your house looks great! I LOVE your window treatments!! :)