Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 17, 2007

By Ourselves!

I Can Not Believe It! (as in the words of Quincy from Little Einsteins). Jim and I are going to get a weekend away by ourselves. As in no boy. As in just us. Nobody else. The two of us. For two whole days. Ya'll this is exciting. Big Big News. Because you see, we have not had a vacation by ourselves together in over four years! Big News I tell ya!

In three weeks, we are going to New Orleans for the weekend. Aunt Ann and Uncle "Bailey" and Grammy C. are all coming down to watch the boy and the girl while we go gallavanting to The Big Easy. Did I tell you it was by ourselves? We are staying in a Bed and Breakfast in the Garden District. We get to sleep in if we want! We get to go places and do things without having to worry about a whiney three-year-old! We get to drink! For two days. This is the first time that I will be away from Jack for that long. I don't think that I have ever been away from him for more than 8 hours in his entire life. But I figure with his Aunt, Uncle, Grammy, and Sissy, he should be fine without me for that long.

Of course, I know that on Sunday, I will be racing back home so that I can hug that whiney three-year-old! But until then, I plan to have some fun with his father! :)

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

Have a fabulous time! Thanks for the b-day wishes! ;)