Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 03, 2007

Fun in the Sun

Today I wanted to make it up to Jack for yesterday's lack of activity due to waiting for the floor installers all day long. By the way, they did show up only to move my refrigerator and stove back into place and tell me they will be back Monday morning "first thing". We'll see what "first thing" means to them.

But anyway, I decided to take Jack to the waterpark today after church. Jim was sleeping all day because he had to work late this morning on some complicated police matter. Something about some girls and purse snatching and runaway vehicles at the IHOP parking lot. I didn't get it, but it made him get home about two hours late. So the poor guy needed his sleep badly. So off to the waterpark we went.

We had a blast. I realized that this will probably one of the very few times, if not the only time, that it will just be me and Jack at the waterpark this summer. Laura will be here in about two weeks for the entire summer and she will be with us, not that I don't love having her, it was just nice that it was just Jack and I for once. This time, the boy loved the wave pool. He loved it so much that when it was time for the waves to start back up, he would go into a fit of giggles anticipating them. And then he would continue giggling all the while riding the waves like a pro. He also loved getting in the inner tube and bouncing up and down on the waves in that thing. Yep, the wave pool was a big hit.

I also laughed my butt off at him today. First of all, he is such a cool looking kid. How I got such a good looking child, I will never know. Let's just say he looks just like his Dad. But these days he has been sporting a pretty serious tan and you put that little tanned body in swim trunks and put him in a wave pool with music blaring, well he just oozes movie star charm. Not that I am biased or anything. So there we were, in the wave pool riding the waves, and laughing, when the waves stopped and the song "The Slide" comes on. You know the one where you stomp to the left and to the right. It is so cool. Well before I know it, my cool child is stomping and clamping and jumping and getting his groove on! It was hilarious and I was really wishing I had my camera to video the whole thing. The kid has rhythm! Who knew?

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

Bet you'll bring your camera for the video next time won't you? I want to see him shake his booty! lol