Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, June 08, 2007

Operation Exhaustion

In my everlasting quest to tire the boy out, we went to the neighborhood pool this morning. It is hot hot hot and about 2000% humidity today. A perfect day for a dip in the pool. It was really fun and refreshing. There was another little girl there who shared her pool toys with Jack. I keep meaning to go buy pool toys, but always forget when I am at Walmart. He really liked the little inner tube thing and I was able to pull him all over the pool with it, which was good because I feel like I actually got a good workout swimming the length of the pool back and forth.

So anyway, I am hoping the boy will be really tired from the water and sun and the mile walk to actually take a nap today. Soon. We are having people come over tonight from the church and I really would like to get my house cleaned up before that happens. Without Jack's "help". Right now he is eating a hot dog and animal crackers and watching his new favorite show I Spy (thank goodness for something different than Thomas!). Wish me luck.

*** Updated It is now 5:00 pm and everybody is coming in two hours. The boy? I swear on my life that he is the real life energizer bunny. He is going and going and going. Me? I am pooped. The only thing the swim did was make ME want to take a nap.

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

You poot thing.....at least Daniel is a good sleeper for me. But when he is up he has me pooped out too!