Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, June 29, 2007

VBS Update

Just to update on the Vacation Bible School happenings. Well, I had to kick Dawson out of bible school. He is almost 5 years old and could not sit or stay still long enough to do anything. He was running like a wild child all over that church and I finally said to his mother that he was a security risk. I had six other toddlers to look after and I was scared that I would lose one of them while I was running after Dawson. I feel soooo sorry for his teachers when he gets to school! How embarassing to get kicked out of bible school!

After Dawson left, it became quite enjoyable to be with the remaning toddlers. It is so fun to see them soak it all up. Every night there is a word of the day like "Listen" and when I ask Jack later on what he learned in bible school, he will tell me "I need to listen". So he is understanding it all. Laura is actually enjoying herself also. We are taking her friend Tori every night, so that helps too. But it is fun to see her making new friends at the church and I saw her swapping phone numbers with some of the other girls.

Tonight is the last night. I think I have gotten a lot more out of the experience than the toddlers did. If anything, I learned a little bit more about disciplining a wild child!

We took a night off from VBS last night and went to the Ringling Bros circus. It was the only night that we could make it to the circus since Jim has to work every other night that it is in town. We all had fun watching the acrobats, clowns, doggies, elephants, and horses. Jack sat there for two hours totally engrossed with the whole thing. It was fun to experience the circus through his eyes.

2 comments:

Steffie B. said...

have a great weekend.....sorry I have not been around much lately. Just busy with the Things!

mommyofkgrc said...

i'm gearing up fpor my VBS stint with the toddlers. . .glad yours ended on such a positive note!!