Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Remind Me NOT To Let The Boy Sleep During The Day Again ... Ever!

Geesh. The boy went down hard yesterday around 2:00 in the afternoon. He was sitting on my lap watching one of his shows and next thing I know, he is snoring. I know that we have been going pretty hard the last few days and it has finally caught up with him. He was worn out. Problem is, he slept three hours, waking up just before Daddy went to work. And boy oh boy was he awake. He was my energizer bunny on steroids last night.

I tried to keep him busy and active by having him help me water the flowers and the lawn and ending with a jumping session on the trampoline. We went inside around 8:00, where he ran around in circles for a good 30 minutes. With the new floors, he is really enjoying using the length of the kitchen, family room, and down the hall as his personal race track. He keeps saying "watch me run fast!".

At 9:30 when I was nodding off in the chair, the boy was literally doing somersaults on the couch. He was quite proud of himself for learning that feat and did it over and over and over again. He wasn't entirely uncaring about my wanting to go to bed. At one point, we walked over to the chair I was sitting in and said "Go to bed Mom". Like he's some teenager trying to get his Mom to go to bed so he can do God-only-knows-what to the house. Um Nope.

I told him that he has to go to bed too. His reply was "Not Me." And he looked at me like I had three heads and six eyes when he said that.

Finally a little after 10, I told him that he could sleep in my bed, which he promptly yelled "yahoo!". He went to get his book about tractors and got in bed to read, while I was trying to read between nodding off. He thought that was pretty neat.

After I turned the light off, he reached over and said "I love you" and gave me a big kiss. Awwwww. Such a little suck up he is.

Remind me also never to sleep with the boy again. Oh My Gawd! We have a king size bed and I found myself falling out of it on several occassions last night. I kept waking up to find his feet lodged in my back and me with 6 inches of the bed. I don't know how many times I moved the child back into position last night, or told him to "put your head on the pillow!".

Um yeah, so now I realize why there are no more naps anymore in the Jackaroo house. I understand completly now.

5 comments:

Steffie B. said...

Just laughing over.....looking like you need some B12 girl!

Anonymous said...

You HAVE TO go get the book I gave you & go to page 9 (I think) It's all about naps!!! HILARIOUS!!! I was reading the book yesterday because I needed some humor help, but mine was about a child's hair & I did find it!!!! And she did help, as always!!! LOL

Not Me's Mom said...

that last post was from me....sorry...haven't gotten the total hang of this yet...bear with me!! :)

-LGirl- said...

Still napping here. She goes down at 12:30 and up about 3:30. Still makes it sleepy to bed at 8pm! With the 3yo attitude around this house lately This is about the only things that is worth talking about!LOL!

Claire said...

Isaac keeps threatening to ditch his naps, and if he does I think I might die. I nap with those boys almost every day and I shudder to think how I would hate everyone if Mommy's precious sleepytime was taken away.