Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Monday, June 11, 2007

Middle of the Night

Jack woke up screaming last night around 2:30. I heard him, but laid there for about a minute hoping that I wasn't really hearing my child screaming for me. And also hoping that my dear husband next to me would get up and tend to the screaming child. And he did. He went in there and all I heard was "I WANT MY MAMA!!!" Oh joy. So husband comes back to bed and a few minutes later, I decide to get up.

Ever since Jack was a baby, milk will usually calm him down. So I went and got him a sippy cup of milk and took it to his room. He was doing the sniffly, hiccupy cry. I am sure he had some bad dream, which has been happening a few times a week lately. He crawled into my lap and we talked for a few minutes. It really is nice to still be needed. After he calmed down, he got back into bed and was asleep right away.

As for me, I tried to go back to bed, but nope, I was awake. Oh joy. So I get up and get a glass of water and get online at 3:00 in the morning. Ebaying. You know ebay is a very dangerous place and most especially at 3:00 in the morning. Yes, I bought something. I am weak. I know it. I bought a ceramic pot with blue flowers and yellow lemons, which just happens to be my kitchen colors. It will look great above my kitchen cabinets. Yes, ya'll I am an addict to ebay.

Then a half hour later, I am still wide awake and what do I do? I watch an episode Designer's Challenge from HGTV, of course! My other weakness in life. HGTV shows.

Finally got back in bed a little after 4 am. But thanks to my wonderful husband, I got to sleep until 7:30!!! I can't remember sleeping that late. Wow that was nice. And now my wonderful husband is outside in 95-degree heat (yes at 9:30 in the morning!) and mowing the lawn. He is the best!

No comments: