Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Saturday, June 02, 2007

Grrrr....

I have been waiting around all day long for the floor installers to come back and finish up their job. They told us yesterday that they would be back here in the morning, but they called about 10:00 this morning and said they would be here this afternoon because they "wanted the glue to set some more". Okay fine. It is now almost 4:00 in the afternoon and I have not seen or heard from them at all. My house is torn up. Literally. My stove and refrigerator are in the middle of the kitchen. My washer and dryer are in the garage, along with bucketfuls of sawdust from them cutting in there yesterday that they promised they would clean up. My china cabinet is in two pieces in my den, along with my dining room table. And the kitchen table is in the middle of the family room. Yes, my house is a mess. And there is nothing I can do about it until these guys get back here to replace my baseboards and clean up the mess. In the meantime, I have been trying to figure out things to do with the boy while Daddy sleeps because Daddy has to work tonight. I can't go anywhere because that is the precise time they will show up and then leave. It is super duper hot outside and after 45 minutes of walking and Jack riding his bike, we called it quits. I wanted to go to the swimming pool, but I can't because I have to stay and wait for the possibility they will show up. But it is looking slim that they even will today and if they don't, that means my house will be torn up until Monday.

Yes, I love the new wood floors. But for the last two and half weeks, it feels like my house and subsequently my life is in shambles. I just can't wait until it is all done and put back in order!!!!

No comments: