Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Love Those Weekends when Daddy is Home

Another busy busy weekend was had by those of us in the Jackaroo house. On Friday night, we hosted a get together for about 16 people from our church. It was the first time we did any kind of entertaining here at our house that was not family related. I think it was a success. There were 2 toddlers who also came over, Cori and Andrew. Jack had an absolute blast showing them his room. As the adults were talking in the family room, the three toddlers were destroying Jack's room. Seriously, there was not any floor space showing. Somehow, I don't know how, nor do I want to know how, but they got toys down from the top of the boy's dresser. Six feet in the air! I can just imagine they worked like a little team to get those things down. Scary when you put toddlers together semi-unsupervised. Scary.

On Saturday night, we continued our party ways and went to our neighbor's bbq, where Jack again had a blast playing with Allison. It was fun sitting on their nice deck drinking a beer and talking with grown-ups. Not something that I get to do everyday.

Today was church where I was filling in for the kid's sunday school teacher. I always enjoy working with the kids, even though, I admit that I am always a bit nervous before I do it.

After we came home from church, we headed to the pool with new pool toys in hand. We stayed there about three hours and totally wiped all of us out. Even vampire Daddy ,who works nights, got some sun. And now Jack is passed out for the night. He has been up until almost 11 pm the past two nights, so I think with the swimming and the parties of the weekend, it caught up with the Energizer Bunny. Now it's my turn. Hope everybody had a good weekend.

1 comment:

Steffie B. said...

11pm????? Oh my achin word....i would not survive! You poor soul!