Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Girls Night Out!

I went on girls night out last night! Whoohooo! I went with 3 other mothers from Jack's class and let me tell you, it was so much fun to actually get out of the house alone. Without Jack. I don't think I have actually done this since we were living in California about a year ago. About time ya think?

We went to see the movie Knocked Up. Hilarious. Laugh out loud until it hurts funny. Of course any movie about pregnancy to a group of mothers who just did that three years ago, has got to be funny right? And of course, after the movie, we sat around and talked for awhile. And the topic of discussion? Yeah you got it. Our birth stories. We had to tell each and every horrifying aspect of giving birth. It is so funny to me that women try to one up each other on how hard their delivery was compared to the next one. I think my 20 hour ordeal after a five week stint on bedrest was bad, but compared to another woman who had labor for almost 3 days before they finally did a c-section has to take the cake. And of course there is always the one who had the 3-hour labor and 2 pushes later, she had her baby. Hate those! Hehe.

But we had fun and hopefully will be able to get out again within the next year or so. Lord knows I sure needed it last night.

No comments: