Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Everyone should have one

A stepdaughter that is. At least one like Laura. She really is a pleasure to have around and she makes my job so much easier. She entertains her brother, she keeps her room cleaner than I keep mine, she cleaned her brother's room (big big job), and she babysat when I had a meeting at the church last night. Not only did she watch Jack and did a phenomenal job at that, but she also cleaned up the house before I got home. Yeah, everybody should have one like her.

We are off to the beach this morning. We didn't go yesterday because it turned very very hot and I was really not into baking on the sand. So instead we are going to hit the beach by 9:30 and leave by noon.

And my treat this afternoon? I get to go to the grocery store all by myself! With no boy. What freedom. Laura is going to watch him while I am at the store. Yeah I could get used to having her around very very easily.

** Update It is now afternoon and we just got back from the beach. I had heard that the UV Index was in the hazard area and man were they right. I think we absolutely baked there on the sand. At 10 in the morning! I can now say with total confidence, that I have the darkest tan that I have had in over 20 years. Not since I used to lay on my little silver suntan bed in the backyard, have I ever been this dark.

1 comment:

Not Me's Mom said...

Sounds like someone is REALLY enjoying Mississippi!!! :) Good for you! And a big YEA for Laura... What a great helper she will & is for you & Jim! Have a great weekend! :)