Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Hot Pink and Lime Green

Goodness. For the past two hours, I have been digging Laura's room out. She is a worse pack rat than her father! And THAT is saying a lot! I swear she has 4,324 pony tail holders and she never can find one when she wants one. What is up with that? She also has a ton of old stuff that she no longer cares about nor even knows she has, like all her Bratz stuff that she was SO into about three years ago. That Bratz stuff comes with 3,563 pieces for every doll.

Well all that stuff got thrown away in three boxes full of junk today. I also went through and sorted out her clothes and put aside about 90% to be given to a family at church. It is amazing because NOW you can actually see that she has a closet, not just a space full of junk and clothes. Goodness that girl.

I am also doing a makeover for her room before she gets here for the summer. She has gone with the (very) hot pink and (very) lime green colors. I bought her a new hot pink bedspread with lime green pillows, along with green and pink draperies. My Mom and Dad bought her a pink and green rug when they were here in April. Thanks guys, it looks great. I am also going to put up some shelves I bought from Pottery Barn (the best place ever) for her collectible dolls and such.

Hopefully before the weekend is over, her room will be complete. I plan on going to get some paint (hot pink of course) to paint her room. I am also going to get a quart of the lime green paint to do accents. I have been toying with the idea of painting the bottom half of her walls with the green stripes, but to be honest, not sure if my painting skills are up to snuff for that complicated endeavor. It looks easy on HGTV when they do it, but I am sure it's not. Her bedroom furniture will go to Jack in about a year when he outgrows his toddler bed. The dresser has blue drawers and I have been thinking about painting the drawers the lime green, but not sure since it will probably be Jack's next year and I will have to paint it back to blue at that time. But we shall see.

I have to admit that I am having a lot of fun decorating Laura's room. It will be fun to have her around this summer.

2 comments:

-LGirl- said...

You are so going to pay the price for tossing that Bratz stuff. You Know that's the first thing she'll want when she arrives!LOL!

Jack's Mom said...

She better not want that stuff! She even told me that Bratz is "so last year." Girls.